This delicious and decadent Nutella Flourless Chocolate Ganache Cake will have your partner or guests begging for more. If you love hazelnut and chocolate then this is the dessert for you!
Light and Airy Dessert
When you are thinking of baking cake, one of the first ingredients you reach for is flour. This dessert is different. The key to this dessert is the whipping in of the ingredients. First I add the egg yolks that have been whipped by hand into the melted chocolate. Then I whip the egg whites, add sugar and whip them together to make stiff peaks. After you have created the stiff peaks you fold them into the mixture. This dessert is then poured into a sugared ramekin and baked for 20-25 minutes.
After it is baked, you let it cool for a few minutes and flip the ramekin onto a plate. When adding the Nutella, you need to be gentle and use a circular motion to spread it onto the cake. We recommend you put a dollop of MyPrepTable Fresh Whipped Cream and add one of Chocolate Covered Strawberries and serve. This decadent Nutella Flourless Chocolate Ganache Cake with Raspberry Sauce is a great recipe to make for your partner or just because.
Nutella Flourless Chocolate Ganache with Raspberry Sauce
- 10 ounce(s) Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 6 ounce(s) Butter Unsalted
- 6 whole Eggs
- ½ cup(s) Granulated Sugar
- 1 whole Chocolate Dipped Strawberry https://www.mypreptable.com/?p=2570
- Begin by setting up your double boiler. (See How to)
- In the metal bowl, place your chocolate and butter and prepare to melt over the sauce pot.
- As you wait for chocolate to melt, use 2 ounces of butter to begin coating the sides of the ramekins.
- Sprinkle the sides of the ramekin with granulated sugar and set aside.
- Once your mixture begins to melt, use a whisk to start mixing the chocolate.
- Remove the sauce pot from the heat and set aside on the table. Allow it to cool for 2-3 minutes. Crack and separate eggs yolks from the egg whites.
- Begin whisking your chocolate and add the eggs yolks only.
- Whip as you add the egg yolks and quickly incorporate them into sauce.
- In a separate bowl, begin whipping the egg whites.
- Once the egg whites begin to stiffen, add the sugar.
- Whisk until the egg whites and sugar form stiff peaks.
- Then, fold in the egg whites to the chocolate mixture.
- Mix by using a rubber spatula and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Once folded in, it will begin to thicken and you are ready to fold into the ramekin.
- Scrape the sides and begin pouring about five ounces into each ramekin.
- Place all four ramekins onto a sheet tray.
- Place into a 375° preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Your chocolate cake should rise about 1 inch above the lip of the ramekin when done.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, and when you see the mixture beginning to deflate, flip upside-down onto your serving plate.
- Remove from the ramekin and place a scoop of Nutella on top. Using a circular motion, spread the Nutella in circles. The warm cake will allow the Nutella to run down the sides .
- Add a dollop of fresh MyPrepTable Whipped cream, raspberry sauce, ice cream or a chocolate dipped strawberry and serve.