A baked potato when properly cooked should have a fluffy interior and crispy skin. It should be treated as a blank canvas that you can add any condiment you want to it. Get creative and enjoy.
How to Make a Real Baked Potato
Simple way to prepare a baked potato
- (Help support our site!)Sheet Tray
- 4 whole Potato washed and cleaned
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Montreal Seasoning
- Wash potato with warm water to clean off grit and dirt.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan and rub well with olive oil and seasoning.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 350° F for 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- When the potatoes are done, cut with a knife through the crispy skin and add any toppings you'd like. Bonus points for bacon crumbled on top. Bacon makes everything better.
This is the real way to bake a potato. Do not wrap in aluminum foil that will cause steam making it a steamed potato. The idea is to crisp the outside of the potato to cause a steaming reaction inside the potato when skin is cooked. Feel free to enjoy eating the whole potato cooking the potato this way. Feel free to send a message for custom recipes for your needs or questions.