Jump to Recipe
Potato Leek Soup Pita Croutons
Hearty Cold Weather Soup to Keep you Warm
- 1 whole Stalk of Leeks Cleaned Well, Rough Chop
- 2 whole Idaho Potato Jumbo Peeled & Cubed
- 6 cloves Roasted Garlic See "How to" section
- 1 whole Spanish Onion Peeled, Diced
- 1 cube Vegetable Bouillon
- ¼ cup Roux
- 2 whole Bay Leave
- 2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 stalk Celery Cleaned, Diced
- 1 cup White Wine Chablis Preferred
- 1 To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Gather ingredients.
- Cut the leek length wise in half.
- Then slice in ¼ inch pieces and rinse well under cold water.
- Heat the sauce pan, add olive oil, onions, celery, leeks and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine and cook for 2 minutes until alcohol burns off.
- Add the potato water and vegetable bouillon. Cook for 15-20 minutes till potato and vegetable soften.
- Puree all the vegetables with a hand blender until they are dissolve.
- Add the heavy cream, roux (See our How to for instructions) and continue to blend until mixture combines.
- Cook for an additional 5-8 minutes until the soup thickens to your desired consistency.
- Let the soup rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with pita croutons and fresh herbs.
Potato leek soup is easy to make with a lot of enhancement choices. Add bacon bits and scallions with a dollop of sour cream. You can also add seafood to enhance flavors. For our roux recipe, please see our “How to” section. You can make a white roux, however if you want a deeper brown color, feel free to cook the roux based on our instructions. Create your own ideas that’s what makes cooking fun. Feel free to send a message for custom recipes for your needs or questions.
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1875IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg