Pancakes-A favorite breakfast or brunch meal!
Pancakes are great for any meal of the day or even for dessert. They are the perfect medium for creativity. You can add fresh fruit, dry fruit, yogurt, whipped cream, or even crumpled bacon for a savory treat.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 cup(s) Flour All Purpose
- 3 ½ tsp(s) Baking Powder
- 1 tsp(s) Salt
- ¾ cup(s) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp(s) Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cup(s) Whole Milk
- 1 whole Egg
- 4 tbsp(s) Butter Unsalted
- 2 tbsp(s) Granulated Sugar
- Gather all the ingredients and get your clean and dry mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients well and then make a hole in center of the dry ingredients using your whisk.
- Add the milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract into this hole.
- Whisk the ingredients slowly till combined. Once combined whisk faster to incorporate some air into the batter and get mix out any lumps.
- Using a rubber spatula clean the sides of your bowl and let batter rest for 5-8 minutes. This will hydrate the flour.
- Heat the non stick pan and add 1 ounce of butter to lubricate the pan on medium heat. Try to establish a temperature that will allow you to cook your pancakes without burning them. Adjust after every batch till you get color you desire.
- Using a 3 ounce ladle begin to pour the batter into pan.
- Add the chocolate chips and cook each side. About 3-5 minutes depending on the heat of the pan.
- Turn pancake over cook for 3-5 minutes then move to a plate.
- Once the pancakes are cooked add butter, chocolate chips and maple syrup on top of your pancakes and serve.