A quick and easy dish that can be made on a weeknight after a busy day at work. Made with onions, peppers, served with a warm tortilla or in a taco shell, you can add condiments such as sour cream, guacamole, or shredded cheddar or Cotija cheese. It is easy and delicious and is a life-saver on rushed nights when time is against you! Fajitas are also perfect on the weekends to serve family and friends for a casual meal everyone can enjoy.
Easy Steak Fajitas
- 2 pound Steak Strips (Top Round or N.Y. Strip) Julienne
- 1 whole Green Pepper Julienne
- 1 whole Red pepper Julienne
- 1 whole Spanish Onion Julienne
- 6 cloves Garlic Minced
- ½ bunch Cilantro Chiffonade
- 1 whole Lemon Juice
- 1 whole Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Tequila
- 1 tbsp Chipotle Peppers
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Paprika Smoked
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Granulated Garlic
- Place julienne steak into mixing bowl.
- Add the paprika, cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic, salt & pepper. Mix the steak and all the ingredients together to infuse the flavors..
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and chipotle peppers and mix well to incorporate all ingredients into the meat.
- Set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes for the flavors to bind.
- Heat your sauté pan well and add the steak to the pan and mix. Let the meat sear for 4 minutes before mixing again.
- Add the tequila, but be careful of flaming. Burn off the alcohol.
- Add the onions and peppers to the sauté pan.
- Mix well and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes at a high flame.
- With a pair of tongs, place about 8 ounces of beef on the plate accompanied with sour cream, guacamole and tortilla.