How often do you go to a diner and say: “I wish I could make home fries like this at home”. This is a dish that gets tastier as you let it keep cooking. The key is to get the contrast of the crispy bottom with the creaminess of the top of the potato slice.
Diner Style Home Fries
- 2 whole Large Idaho Potato Baked or Boiled
- 1 whole Onion Small Dice
- 2 tbsp(s) Paprika Smokey, Hungarian
- 3 tbsp(s) Butter
- 1 to taste Salt & Pepper
- Place a non-stick sauté pan on the stove and heat.
- With a box grater on the slicer side, grate the potato into thin slices.
- Small dice one whole onion.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the pan with onions, paprika, butter, salt & pepper.
- As the butter melts let the pan sit for 4-6 minutes at high heat to create an nice crunchy potato before stirring or flipping potatoes.
- Once flipped or stirred, see the texture on the potatoes and, if needed, add more butter or olive oil.
- Stir and let the potatoes get crispy. Continue the last two step till your get the desired crispness you like.