This is a healthy and delicious salad. It is a perfect use of beets. The fresher the beets the better.
Beet Carpaccio Truffle Citrus Vinaigrette Salad
Great Healthy Choice Salad
- 4 whole Beets Peeled
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Kosher Salt Line Sheet pan
- 1 pkg. Baby Watercress
- ¼ cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 whole Avocado Diced 1/4 per salad
- 1 lb. Crumbled Goat Cheese
- ¼ cup Cilantro Chiffonade
- ¼ cup Champagne Vinegar White Balsamic Optional
- 1 tbsp. White Truffle Oil
- ¼ cup Confection Sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard Smooth
- ½ cup Blended Oil 90/10
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- (Gloves Optional) Peel the beets, quarter or half them to ensure all same size. his will allow beets to roast evenly.
- Place them into a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil salt & pepper.
- Line a sheet pan with kosher salt then place seasoned beets onto salt. Pre heat the oven to 325° F (163° C) degrees and place beets in oven for 35 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl place champagne vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and mix using hand blender or whisk together and begin to stream in oil slowly.
- Add the truffle oil and blend well till its emulsified. (Dip a spoon into the vinaigrette. If the vinaigrette stays on the back of the spoon and doesn't drip off its done.)
- Add the cilantro and give it quick mix. Place into the refrigerator for later use.
- Wash and dry baby watercress greens and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped walnuts, diced avocado, and crumbled goat cheese into the mixing bowl.
- Add truffle dressing to you taste.
- ( Gloves Optional )Slice the oven roasted beets to a thin slices and line bottom of the salad plate. Drizzle with vinaigrette
- Mix the greens in the bowl with the remaining ingredients and lay on top of beets.
Wear gloves if you don’t want beet juice to stain on your hands. this is great salad to promote blood circulation. Feel free to send a message for custom recipes for your needs or questions.