The perfect way to enjoy a BLT without all the bread. If you are trying to avoid bread or have a gluten allergy this is the perfect recipe.
Bacon Lettuce Tomato Salad
BLT without the bread. Health and Wellness
- 1 whole Romaine Lettuce shredded
- 1 whole Vine Ripe Tomato small dice
- 12 ounce(s) Apple Smoked Bacon cooked crispy
- 6 ounce(s) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Ranch Dressing
Parmesan Cheese Crisp
- Using a spoon, scoop about 3 ounces of grated cheese place on a sheet tray, lined with a cooking mat or parchment paper, cook at 375 degrees till cheese melts into a disc form. Approximately 5 minutes.
- On a cooking tray, cook about 8 strips of bacon in oven till extra crispy. 375 degrees 12 minutes should do it.
- Let the bacon cool and cut into large chunks.
- Rinse all the vegetables. Dry the romaine lettuce then shred and add to bowl
- Dice up the vine ripe tomato and add to the bowl.
- When the bacon has cooled, crumble with your hands into the salad bowl.
- Add the ranch dressing and mix well. Place the salad into a circular mold.
- Before you remove the mold, grab a cheese crouton, pull the mold off and immediately place it on top of salad to keep the mold form.
For the grated cheese crouton, you can enhance flavors of the crouton by adding other ingredient’s to it before cooking it. Such as fresh savory herbs or truffle oil. Feel free to send a message for custom recipes for your needs or questions.