This is a quick and delicious vodka sauce that is easy to prepare as long as you have some of MyPrepTable tomato sauce already made.
Quick & Simple Vodka Sauce
Always a family hit….with any type of fresh pasta.
- Heat a sauce pan and add the olive oil.
- Sweat off the onions and garlic till they are translucent for about 3-4 minutes and add red pepper flakes.
- ***WARNING*** When adding vodka be careful vodka will flair up. Burn off the alcohol. ***WARNING***
- Cook the vodka with garlic and onions for 2 minutes.
- Use the handle to shake the pot back and forth to stir.
- Add the heavy cream and this will extinguish any remaining flames.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir with a wooden spoon and simmer 8-10 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Remove the sauce from the stove and add the basil.
- Stir the pot and let it rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
MyPrepTable’s tomato sauce is considered a “mother sauce” which can be used in a variety of ways to create other sauces as in our tasty vodka sauce. This sauce is best placed on fresh pasta and add a dollop of ricotta cheese to enhance the flavors. Feel free to send a message for custom recipes for your needs or questions.