How often do we wish we were on vacation in the tropics? This salsa brings the tropics to your table. Not only is it visually bright and cheerful, but it also brings those bright flavors to your palate. The mango and pineapple are inherently tropical flavors while avocado smooths out this spicy concoction, making you feel like a real-life Carmen San Diego.
What is a salsa?
What is salsa? A sauce that accompanies your meal with some spice. This salsa is a perfect accompaniment with our Crab Cakes! Try out our Pineapple Mango Avocado Salsa and bring those island vibes home right now.
Our sweet Pineapple Mango Avocado Salsa brings you an entire real-life vacation right from your table complete with bright colors and tropical flavors mixed perfectly.
A Perfect Refreshing Summer Salsa
This is the perfect summer salsa. Pineapple, mango, and avocados are plentiful in the summer months – which means now’s your opportunity to make this recipe!
This summer fruit salsa will make the perfect addition to your backyard BBQ or picnic. When you serve this with our Jumbo Lump Meat Crab Cake, the sweetness of the salsa enhances the flavor. You can also add it to your favorite chicken recipe. We recommend you also whip up a batch of this fruity dip and serve it with fresh veggies, tortilla chips, or even bread for an easy dish at any time!
This year is shaping up to be quite different as far as produce goes—thanks in part due to climate change. Thankfully there are plenty of fruits available that have been seasonally adjusted from their original place on the globe: pineapples from Brazil instead of Hawaii; mangoes coming off farms down south rather than being imported all the way over here; avocados are grown stateside without long travel times by land freighting them across open water via boat like they’ve done for centuries before refrigeration became available.
Sweet Pineapple Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 whole Mango Small Dice
- 1 whole Avocado Small Dice
- ½ whole Pineapple Small Dice
- ½ whole Red Onion Small Dice
- ½ bunch(s) Scallion Thinly Sliced
- ½ bunch(s) Cilantro Thinly Sliced
- 1 tbsp(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil Drizzle
- 1 To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp(s) Chili Powder or Aleppo Spice
- 1 whole Lime Squeezed
- Gather all ingredients, place cutting board on table and clean all ingredients that need to be cleaned.
- Begin by small dicing onion, mango, and avocado. Set aside in a bowl. See MPT How To Videos for above item prep.
- Thinly slice fresh herbs and add to the mixing bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice, EVO and add spices to bowl and mix all ingredients well. *Optional remember cooking is fun feel free to add tomato, various other herbs add flavors to create your own mango salsa.
- After all the ingredients are mixed in well, set aside for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator for ingredients to combine and serve as a topping for an Entrée or just a side with some chips.