How to clean a Pineapple?
A pineapple or in Greek “ανανάς” is a sweet, juicy, and refreshing fruit that be found now all around the world. The flesh and juice of the pineapple are used in cuisines around the world. Our HowTo video will show you how easy it is to clean this fruit in order to be used in smoothies, salsa, and other various dishes.
How to Clean a Pineapple
- 1 whole Pineapple
- 1 pinch Salt Optional
- Gather, wash all ingredients and lets bring it to the board.*Quick Tip: To choose a ripened pineapple simply squeeze sides check for softness and also check bottom core. You should be able to push it in when its ripe.
- Begin by laying the pineapple down and cutting off the ends.
- Stand the pineapple up and using your chef's knife, slice into the pineapple. In a downward motion use your knife to follow pineapples shape.
- Continue slicing piece by piece until you make it all around.
- Once you've done it, throw away the scraps and check pineapple for cleanliness.,
- After peeling place the pineapple on the table and cut it in half.
- Then cut into quarters.
- Lay ¼ pineapple horizontal and slice out the core.
- Then you can slice it horizontally.
- Or dice it into cubes. Sprinkle with a little salt to bring out the sweetness of the pinaepple.