Orange Segments for Various Uses
This is the technique used to cut an orange into Slices that can be used for various culinary dishes.
- 1 whole Orange
- Take the orange to the board and cut both ends of the orange so that the orange can stand up right on one side.
- Begin slicing in a downward motion by slicing the peel off.
- Continue until the entire orange the peel is off.
- Hold the orange and using a pairing knife cut in-between the inner skin of orange.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Pull out segment and continue all around.
- Repeat process until you have cut the entire orange into segments.
This process is mostly used in baking dishes. However, I’ve been incorporating orange segments into salads. It is a great citrus additive to seafood salads as well. Feel free to message me for any additional help with creating a personalized recipe.
Calories: 1kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Potassium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg