Broccoli Rabe and Spicy Sausage
A recipe of my favorite bitter greens. We’ll be roughly chopping the entire bunch of broccoli rabe and blanching it briefly in boiling salted water, before sautéing it with the spicy sausage, olive oil, garlic and for some fire adding a few red pepper flakes . As the rabe cooks down, the bitterness becomes more delicate.
- 1 bunch Broccoli Rabe See How to
- 1 pound(s) Spicy Italian Sausage Cubed and De Skin
- 1 tsp(s) Garlic Minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup(s) White Wine
- 2 tbsp(s) Butter Cubed
- 1 tsp(s) Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 To Taste Salt and Pepper
- Gather all ingredients and place sauté pan on stove and begin to heat.
- Chop or leave the whole blanched broccoli rabe. See our how to section for more guidance.
- Slice the sausage in ¼ inch slices and add to skillet to begin rendering.
- Once the sausage is seared and cooked add the garlic and broccoli rabe.
- Mix ingredients add white wine, red pepper flakes and butter.
- Place the broccoli rabe onto plate with tongs and reduce white wine and butter. Then pour the sauce on top of broccoli rabe.
Adding sausage to your blanched broccoli rabe is another side dish you can create using the broccoli rabe. Feel free to message me for any special needs.