Who doesn’t love Popeye? Growing up watching Popeye he always ate his spinach and why wouldn’t he? Spinach is a great source of vitamins and nutrients. You can eat it raw or cooked. It is really versatile and super healthy. This how to is quick and easy!
How To Simply Make Fresh Spinach!
- In order to prepare your spinach, cut off the large stems. This is optional you can use the stems if you choose to.
- When all stems are cut take off wire wrap tie.
- Place spinach in a bowl pull out any discolored or over welted spinach leaves.
- Place your bowl under cold running water. You want to use an over sized bowl so particles can fall to the bottom of bowl.
- Swirl the spinach around the pull out of bowl with spider or your hands so particles can fall to the bottom.
- Taking your skillet, heat your olive oil.
- Place your spinach in your heated pan.
- Add ½ cup of water to skillet this will begin a steaming process from the hot pan.
- Begin to turn and mix spinach as it begins to cook down.
- This process will happen quickly. Keep mixing until all the spinach is cooked, add salt, pepper and garlic to season the spinach.
- Place your pan on a tilt to let the excess water drain into lower pan and remove spinach when drained.