We are always in a rush, running around trying to manage our households, work with kids with homework, etc. etc. This recipe is quick and easy recipe can be prepared from start to finish in ten minutes. Most of us have these ingredients in our homes. If not, it is always good to have frozen shrimp in your freezer. Shrimp cooks easy and can be prepared in many ways. What I like with this dish is as you are cooking your pasta, you are preparing your shrimp and in no time your meal is ready for you and your family to enjoy. Cooking for one, you can easily heat it up for a nice lunch.
Easy and Simple Shrimp Scampi
- 1 bag Shrimp Peeled & Deveined (U 10-12) Large Size Shrimp
- 1 lb Butter Unsalted
- 1 cup White Wine Chablis
- 5 clove Garlic Thinly Sliced
- ½ bunch Italian Parsley Chopped Fine
- 1 lb Pasta Fettuccini or Linguine Recommended
- 2 tbsp Kosher Salt For Pasta Water
- 1 To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Give your shrimp a quick rinse and prepare your ingredients.
- Get your pasta pot ready by filling it water and setting it to boil.
- Once your water boils, add your salt and pasta.
- As the pasta is cooking, place your skillet and begin to heat your oil on medium heat.
- Chop your parsley while the pan is heating and set aside.
- Once the pan is hot, add butter and melt butter with olive oil.
- Once combined, begin to sauté your sliced garlic. Make sure to not overcook your garlic, it will become bitter. You want your garlic to be a tan color, not brown.
- Add your shrimp to garlic and sauté for about 45 seconds. You will see that the shrimp will become pink in color.
- Add your white wine to the pan. Deglaze the pan in order to slow down the cooking process. Cook for about another 1-2 minutes to burn off alcohol.
- Add remaining butter, salt & pepper, parsley, red pepper flakes (optional) and cook until the shrimp looks like their bathing in a frothy sauce. (3-4 minutes)
- Strain your pasta. Place pasta into the shrimp sauce mixture.
- Using your tongs begin to mix the pasta into the sauce and shrimp. Let pasta soak for 3-4 minutes in pan to absorb the delicious flavors
- Place your pasta in four separate bowls place shrimp on top of pasta. Pour even amounts of remaining sauce on each plate. For garnish, you can add a little more parsley.