This homemade hummus recipe will beat anything you get out of a container in the supermarket. You can tweak this with any additional spice, vegetable or spicy pepper.
This European/Middle Eastern Dip has been shared in various cultures since beginning of time.
- 1 pound(s) Chick Peas
- 2 tbsp(s) Tahini (Ground Sesame Seeds)
- 1 whole Lemon Juiced
- 6 cloves Roasted Garlic
- 1 tbsp(s) Cumin
- 1/2 bunch Italian Parsley Rough Chop
- 1 cup(s) Olive Oil add more if needed
- 1 to taste Salt & Pepper
- Rinse clean the chick peas if out of can. If you are using dried chickpeas soak overnight.
- Place the chick peas in food processor.
- Place the remaining ingredients tahini, roasted garlic, lemon juice, olive oil. cumin and parsley into the food processor.
- Pulse the food processor until pureed. If needed add more oil or lemon juice to smooth out in texture.
Hummus is a dip, spread, or great for plant based protein. It is popular in the Middle East and most European cuisines around the globe. Feel free to enhance hummus by adding sun-dried tomato, basil, roasted red pepper or spice it up with chipotle peppers or sriracha sauce. Feel free to send a message for custom recipes for your needs or questions.