This is delicious appetizer spread that is a staple in Greek cuisine. Pair this with a shot of ouzo or a cold beer and that is the start of a fantastic meal.
Spicy Feta (Tirokafteri)
Feta Cheese with a Kick.
- Get your food processor ready. Its going to do most of the work for you.
- Add the feta, roasted peppers, roasted garlic, parsley, Jalapeño and chipotle peppers.
- Close the lid and give it a pulse or two. Add olive oil and pulse 5-6 times.
- Keep adding olive oil until your desired consistency.
- This can be as smooth or as chunky as you want.
- When done remove cover scrap bowl with spatula, place mixture in bowl.
- Refrigerate for minimum 15 minutes before serving with pita chips.
In Greek culture this is a staple appetizer or dipping spread used on pita bread, to enjoy a few pre cocktails before dinner. Feel free to send a message for custom recipes for your needs or questions.