This is a delicious recipe that elevates the amazing flavor of the tuna. We recommend using sashimi/sushi grade tuna for this recipe.
Pan Seared Sesame Herbed Tuna
A beautiful Sashimi Grade Tuna recipe that is quick and healthy.
- 8 ounce(s) Sashimi Grade Tuna
- 2 clove(s) Garlic roasted and mashed into paste
- ½ bunch Parsley fine chop
- 1 tsp(s) White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp(s) Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp(s) Sesame Oil
- 1 stalk(s) Scallions finely sliced
- ½ whole Lemon
- 1 cube Butter non salted
- 1 to taste Sea Salt & Pepper
- Square off the tuna on the cutting board.
- Marinate the tuna in sesame oil, salt, pepper and garlic paste.
- In a separate tray add sesame seeds and fresh herbs.
- Place the tuna into herb mixture and roll ingredients onto tuna covering whole outside.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes till cast iron skillet comes to temperature.
- When cast iron skillet comes to high heat (Searing=adding a protein to a pan to sear the outer layer trapping in juices.)
- Add the sesame oil to pan place tuna in pan, about 1-2 minutes per side, rolling tuna slowly to sear the outside of the protein.
- When all sides are seared with tongs seared ends of the tuna 1 minute a side.
- Place on the cutting board cut in half and serve with a choice of sauce and vegetable from our list of choices..
Depending on your heat volume, roll tuna quickly not to burn the outer crust.